During January, The National List encouraged all of our followers to enter a drawing for free registration to the 16th Annual National Collections & Credit Risk Conference, to be held March 14-16, 2012, at the Hyatt Regency in New Orleans, LA. The value of the prize was $2695!
Thank you, National List! Our firm attended the recent NCCR Conference in New Orleans with the assistance of The National List of Attorneys contest paving the way. It is always good to meet and spend time with existing clients, as well as attend sessions that are lead by our peers. By attending, we were also able to do some networking that may produce new opportunities with new clients. This couldn’t have happened without the hard work and dedication from our friends at The National List. Thanks Beverly, Kacey and Katie for all that you do. It is very much appreciated and doesn’t go unnoticed. We had a great time in New Orleans!
In case you weren’t able to be among the 420 attendees and 39 exhibitors at the NCCR Conference this year, here’s just a taste of what you missed:
- Cristian deRitis, the Opening Keynote Speaker and the Director of Credit Analytics at Moody’s Analytics, reviewed the overall economic and consumer credit outlook.
- The CFPB and Bringing Collections Into The 21st Century included a case study by U.S. Bank discussing unique communication solutions for collections. Panelists looked at the early priorities for the new rule writing bureau, the CFPB, including mortgages, credit cards and payday loans, and how new regulations will affect how debt collection companies can contact consumers.
- Understanding TCPA: Maximize Consumer Contacts and Minimize Risk provided information on: Understanding the nuances of TCPA; Current hot button issues; What you need to do to reduce your risk of exposure in-house; Agency audits – what you need to look for to prevent litigation; Key case law developments; What the future holds for the TCPA.
- Identifying Fraud in Credit Portfolios Before Losses Occur: Presenters Glen Sgambati and Neill Haskin discussed actual case studies where cutting-edge technology and collaborative intelligence helped detect and eradicate fraud.
- Leveraging Email, Texting, Web & Chat – Success Stories and Strategies to Improve Collections Effectiveness: A panel of three issuers shared their success stories, told attendees how to get beyond the unknowns and build a foundation to take advantage of these new practices and technologies.
- Cloud Computing in the Credit & Collection Ecosystem: Presenter David Pauken introduced the fundamental ideas behind cloud computing and gave examples of how businesses in other sectors have created unexpected efficiencies and increased profits with cloud-based solutions. He went on to show how cloud technologies can be utilized by the debt collection industry, and specifically, how to prepare for the significant impact cloud computing will have on data security, confidentiality, and portability.
- Emerging Technology Showcase With Live Demos: Three leading credit risk and collections solution providers discussed how their latest products and services can help you reduce costs and improve your performance.
Collections & Credit Risk Editor, Darren Waggoner, adds this personal note: “The beautiful city of New Orleans holds great personal charm for me. In March 1999, as a new editor on the Collections & Credit Risk team, I attended my first NCCR, also in New Orleans. It was my first trip to the city and I loved it so much that I proposed to my wife there five years later – the day after yet another NCCR in New Orleans.”
The National List encourages you to attend the upcoming 20th Annual Financial Services Collections & Credit Risk Conference, October 24-26, 2012, Talking Stick Resort, Scottsdale, AZ.
by Nancy Lender