- Make sure you are listed with NL and insured in each state where you practice. NL offers membership listings by state, so if you practice in multiple states, you need a State Membership Agreement in each state from which you would like us to refer business and insure claims.
- If you provide Statewide Coverage, make sure you have a Statewide Coverage listing. For those clients that have a need to forward volume work in one state, we recommend our Statewide Coverage members.
- Ensure your NL Directory listing is accurate; let us know immediately when you have a change in your address, phone, fax or email information. Our online Directory is updated as needed throughout the year.
- Return our phone calls and respond to our emails promptly. In order for us to provide prompt service to our clients, we need an open line of communication with our attorneys. If you cannot return a phone call or respond to an email within 24 hours, please assign another contact in your office who can.
- Keep your firm’s profile on our website at www.nationallist.com up to date. It’s free, and a great way for clients to find out more about your firm and determine if you can meet their needs.
- Display a banner ad on our website in your area, so when clients search for an attorney on our website, your firm gets optimal exposure.
- List all your areas of concentration. We publish by Commercial, Retail, Bankruptcy, Subrogation, Insurance and Transportation categories.
- Take advantage of our mentor program. If you are looking to expand your practice in a certain area, contact NL for assistance. For example, if you are a long-time commercial collection attorney interested in expanding into retail collections, we can assign a mentor to help you.
- Today, tens of thousands of claims are forwarded to our members electronically. To be eligible to receive claims electronically, be sure you have adequate and compliant technology.
- Take advantage of our Attorney to Attorney Forwarding program. If you have a need to forward claims to attorneys outside your state, contact us for a recommendation. We will refer you to other law firms that forward claims out of state, so they can reciprocate when they have the opportunity to do the same for you.
Get more for your marketing dollars by maximizing the value of your NL Membership, something that’s already in your budget. For personalized help with implementing any of these 10 Tips, call 1-800-227-1675 and a member of our staff will be happy to help you.
By Marti Lythgoe, NL Editor