Are you sure you’re using all of the benefits included in your National List Membership that can help you market your firm? We are sure that many of our members are not taking advantage of the marketing benefits they’ve already paid for. Read more to find out if you are one of the “guilty parties.”
Here’s a real-life example of how we all tend to do this with other services we’ve spent money on: Our president, Jeff Zuck, recently shared this story. “Early in the year we signed up for Amazon Prime membership, but apparently we have not taken advantage of all this service has to offer. In an email from Amazon, they specifically let me know we have not yet used the “streaming video” that is included in our membership. The interesting thing is that, until this email came, I had no idea we were entitled to free video streaming. Since we have been thinking about getting rid of our traditional cable TV, this was all I needed to push that button. Good-bye cable!”
We hope to “push your button” today by letting you know how you can improve your marketing without spending an additional dime! Here are seven marketing benefits you might not be taking advantage of:
1. One of the great marketing benefits of your NL membership is our ability to connect you with potential clients who understand the benefits of working with a NL member.
a. Have you recently moved or changed your phone, fax or email information? Many members forget to let us know when their contact information changes. We can’t tell clients how to get in touch with you if the information in you listing(s) isn’t correct. Let us know immediately if it changes.
b. Are you up-to-date on providing all of the information related to the NL Compliance Program? We have clients who use our attorneys specifically because we can ensure the compliance of their legal network.
2. The website listing is free marketing! It’s a great way for clients to find out more about your firm and determine if you can meet their needs. It’s updated immediately when we have new information. Is your firm’s profile on our website at www.nationallist.com up-to-date and as complete as it could be for marketing purposes? Take a quick peek and see! Are you “tooting your own horn” by telling us and your clients, both current and prospective, all the things you can do for them and the technology you have that helps you do those things quickly and cost-effectively?
3. While we’re on the subject of listings, you only have until Friday, June 6, to update the information about your firm that you want to appear in the “hard copy” of our Directory.To update your information, simply email email@example.com and provide us with the new information. Many people are still requesting a hard copy of the Directory. You can’t market to them if your information is not correct. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 800.227.1675 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. We publish by Commercial, Retail, Bankruptcy, Subrogation, Insurance and Transportation categories. Have you added a new area of concentration? Does NL know about it? Do your clients? If your clients know you are branching out, they might refer your firm to others who need a different service than they do. Word-of-mouth is a powerful marketing tool!
5. Do you have a need to forward claims to attorneys outside your state? If so, take advantage of our Attorney to Attorney Forwarding program. Contact us for a recommendation. We will refer you to law firms that also forward claims out of state. Then they can reciprocate, when they have the opportunity, and do the same for you. It’s a “you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours” marketing opportunity.
6. Do you return our phone calls and respond to our emails promptly? In order for us to provide prompt service to our clients, we need an open line of communication with our attorneys. If you cannot return a phone call or respond to an email within 24 hours, please assign another contact in your office who can.
7. Take advantage of our mentor program. If you are looking to expand your practice in a certain area, contact NL for assistance. For example, if you are a long-time commercial collection attorney interested in expanding into retail collections, we can assign a mentor to help you develop a stronger marketing presence in your new area of practice.
Your membership in The National List of Attorneys can be a big boost to your marketing efforts and worth every penny of your membership fees…IF you take advantage of all the benefits that are included. Members who take advantage of all of our marketing benefits get more value and satisfaction out of their membership.
If you’re not sure you are taking advantage of everything your NL membership offers, contact the NL office so we can walk you through other benefits that are not mentioned here. We’re here to help market your firm. Another benefit of your membership is our experience. Help NL help you by communicating to NL everything you offer to clients. Talk to us about what we can do to publicize everything you do.
For personalized help with implementing NL marketing opportunities, call Leslie at 1-800-227-1675, and she or another member of our staff will be happy to help you.
Marti Lythgoe, NL Editor
PS. NL Members, watch your email for special advertising offers that can help you enhance your client base!