Meet, Learn and Play with CLLA is the theme for this year’s CLLA Collections-Focused Conference, to be held November 12th through the 14th, 2015, at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel in New York City. Leslie Herr, VP of Member Services, will be there representing The National List of Attorneys. Feel free to reach out to Leslie at the Conference. Or to ensure that you get to meet her, set up an appointment by calling her at 800.227-1675 Ext. 107. Leslie says, “I’ve been to several CLLA conferences; however, this will be my first time attending the New York conference, so I’m very excited. I’m looking forward to meeting more of our NL members and clients face to face.”
David R. Gamache, a principal in the law firm of Gamache & Myers and a long-time National List member, is being honored at the 2015 CLLA Conference with the 2015 Robert E. Caine Leadership Award. David has served as the President of the CLLA and Co-Chair of the Consumer Collection Committee. He has held numerous other positions within the CLLA including Chair of the Creditors’ Rights Section and Chair of the Midwest District. He also served several years as the Chair of the FDCPA committee and is currently the Chair of the Finance Committee. We hope that many of our members will be there to see David receive this prestigious award.
Education, Networking, Fun
The CLLA Conference organizers tell us, “This year’s event promises to deliver the same high quality education, networking, and fun you’ve come to expect.” Here’s what they’ve outlined for attendees:
- Education: The Education will focus on “The Life of a File” from credit application to bad debt, including insolvency. Many sessions will qualify for Certification CEU’s.
- Networking: Network with other industry professionals during the daily continental breakfasts and nightly cocktail parties.
- Fun: With the great room rates we’ve negotiated for you in heart of Manhattan, make plans to stay for the weekend! Enjoy the restaurants and the fantastic shows on Broadway, all of which are just steps from the Sheraton. Spouses or guests are welcome.
Are you still trying to decide whether or not to attend? This meeting attracts an audience of professionals from various aspects of the commercial law arena. Members and nonmembers alike come to form business connections, be educated, do business and, this year, to take advantage of all that New York has to offer.
Here us a brief outline of the education portion of the Conference. For details on each session click on Education Program Schedule .
Friday, November 13, 2015
- Extending Credit to Strangers: Is your credit application putting you at risk? The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Credit Applications
- Managing Employment Liabilities in Agency Staffing
- Defining Debt Under the FDCPA: Contradictions and Clarification
- Fraudulent Conveyance, Part Two: Squeezing Harder: Everything You Didn’t Learn Last Year and More!!!
- Bankruptcy Program: “Don’t Just Close that File”
Saturday, November 14, 2015
- Managing Expectations: Getting the Client from Angry to Happy!
- Attorney/Agency Networking Roundtable
We hope that many of our NL members, clients and friends will attend the Conference and consider becoming more involved with the CLLA in the future.